Since West Delray Updates started publication in 15 months ago in October, 2015, the neighborhood has started to physically change with the construction of apartments and townhomes. In the 2017, assisted living facilities approved by Palm Beach County may started construction.
Summary of New Additions
- 326 all ages apartments in one development – under-construction on Lake Ida
- 314 assisted living beds in two developments – approved only.
- 249 all ages townhomes in two developments – under-construction on Sims Road and Flavor Pict
Summary of Planning
- Proposal for 104 Single Family Homes, 220 Townhomes, 200 Apartments (all 55+) for the Orioles golf course – to be approved or NOT by condo owners in early 2017
- Plans for redevelopment of Palm Greens Golf Course abandoned by Lennar Homes in Feb/March 2016. Palm Greens golf course closed permanently in June 2016.
- Plans for redevelopment of “Orchid Bend” nursery into 24 townhomes abandoned – on Lake Ida
- Design for Sims & Atlantic stoplight completed.
Summary of Land for Sale
- 4+ Acres on Sims Road – May be under-contract for purchase in early 2017
- 5 Acres behind Winn Dixie